Halfbrick is a game developing studio that is globally recognised for its success with phone games such as Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. Headquartered in Brisbane, with awesome teams around the world, we pride ourselves on creating games that people remember for a lifetime. Halfbrick is one of Australia’s longest running and most successful game developers. Our success is built on a culture that encourages passion, enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and an openness towards trying different approaches to how we make games.
Why you’ll love it
We believe our culture is a leading factor to our success and helps us to attract and retain the best talent! We work hard to foster an intensely collaborative, fun, and creative environment, with training and professional growth opportunities at our forefront. We strongly believe and endorse equal opportunity employment and value diversity at Halfbrick. We’re a tight knit crew who celebrate self-expression, and hey, some perks never hurt either.
Some Halfbrick perks include:
- Salary sacrificing for phones, laptops, gaming consoles, superannuation and novated lease.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote working.
- Open management without bureaucracy.
- Extra leave benefits.
- Loads of social events.
- Awesome rewards and recognition opportunities.
About the opportunity
We have an awesome opportunity to work with a team that is transforming mobile phone entertainment through quality content and innovative ideas. We are committed to growing our employees, and you will be given the opportunity to grow inside a friendly and professional team. You will be among hard-working, dedicated, and incredibly talented individuals. In order to maintain this, we like to constantly raise our talent bar, and only hire the best! In return for offering us a skill set that is unmatched and a talent for what you do, you’ll be surrounded by company that is incredibly bright, supportive, and creative.
As a member of the HB Studio team we will assist you to continue growing within your career and build upon your skill set. In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Demonstrate capability and high-quality work.
- Maintain excellent file organisation and follow established processes.
- Quickly disseminate and adopt new processes and methodology.
- Work with and assist your peers to develop world class content, with a focus on innovation and creativity.
- Question and seek information from peers.
- Actively participate in creative meetings, contributing viable ideas.
- Constructively contribute to team culture through positive attitude.
- Articulate concepts and ideas in a clear and unambiguous way.
- Draw upon personal experience to determine best approach for task completion with an emphasis on reducing cycles of iteration and churn.
- Actively seek solutions to day-to-day production related queries.
- Check own work for quality and accuracy.
- Most importantly, helping create awesome games!
- Understanding and experience of mobile device limitations and challenges.
- Build-upon, create and maintain art pipelines, identifying and developing new tools and processes.
- Advanced level of knowledge with Unity including Shaders/Material setup, Prefab creation, lighting, UI, Animation, Particle and other Visual effects.
- Core knowledge of Photoshop.
- Expertise in 3D graphics and excellent knowledge of the 3D production pipeline (Modelling, Unwrapping, Texturing).
- Expertise in 3D rigging and skinning and animation. (Props and Characters).
- 2D rigs and animation (Spine, Unity).
- Integrate assets in-game without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding technical limits of platform.
- Troubleshooting / debugging on technical issues.
- Optimise content for memory and performance.
- Ability to mentor in chosen methods, optimisations and tools.
- Monitoring work to be as efficient as possible with space/speed.
- Ability to cover multiple projects when needed.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and techniques, current game development practices and utilise this effectively in game production.
- 3+ years experience in games development.
- Prior experience with version control software such as Perforce.
- Experience with scripting languages.
The successful candidate
Perhaps you’ve spent one too many nights up late gaming. Maybe you have really flexible thumbs. Possibly you have a vendetta for fruit. Either way, you love our games and you want to be part of creating something special! If you think you have what it takes to raise our talent bar, then you’re exactly what we’re looking for.
Some other bits about you:
- Talented and experienced.
- Confident in your skills.
- Interested and concerned with the details.
- Passionate about mobile games.
- A clear and concise communicator.
- A true team player.
- Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature.
- A proactive and positive thinker.
The information you provide us in this application is used for our recruitment process only. If you are unsuccessful in your application, your information may be stored for future job opportunities. If you do not want this to be the case, please let us know.