Halfbrick is a game developing studio that is globally recognised for its success with phone games such as Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. Located in Brisbane, with an awesome team under one roof, we pride ourselves on creating memorable entertainment experiences that become an essential part of people’s everyday lives. Halfbrick is one of Australia’s longest running and most successful game developers. Our success is built on passion, enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and an openness towards trying different approaches to how we make games. We believe that great teams make great games, and we all work together to achieve the best results. This means that we take our hiring process very seriously, making sure that we’re able to produce great games with the best team.
Why you’ll love it
We are committed to growing our employees, and as such we offer generous benefits and perks. We work hard to foster an intensely collaborative, fun, and creative environment, with training and professional growth opportunities at our forefront. We strongly believe and endorse equal opportunity employment and value diversity at Halfbrick. We work hard to foster a culture that allows our Bricks to be the best they can.
Some Halfbrick perks include:
- Salary sacrifice for phones, laptops, gaming consoles, superannuation and novated lease.
- Weekly massages on site, during working hours.
- Cake on your birthday (and everyone else’s birthday).
- Flexible working hours and work/life balance.
- Social events and Friday night board games/shenanigans.
- Daily breakfast bar.
- Monthly company lunches.
About the opportunity
Halfbrick is looking for an experienced VR programmer to join our small and growing VR team. As a member of the VR team, you will help support our current title on a range of platforms, as well as contribute to the creation of our future VR games.
- Develop all core game systems: gameplay, UI, asset management, etc.
- Build on and consistently improve existing codebase
- Profile and optimise to ensure consistently high performance
- Integrate third party SDKs as required
- Question and seek information from peers
- Demonstrate capability and high-quality work.
- Maintain excellent file organisation and follow established processes
- Quickly disseminate and adopt new processes and methodology
- Actively participate in creative meetings, contributing viable ideas.
- Constructively contribute to team culture through positive attitude.
- Check own work for quality and accuracy.
- Most importantly, help create awesome games!
You’re the type of person who wishes to be part of a small, close-knit team of passionate creatives who work together to make valuable contributions to Halfbrick and the games we create.
You will also demonstrate the following:
- 3+ years experience in games or real-time 3D applications
- Excellent programming skills in C# and/or C++
- Excellent knowledge of Unity game engine
- Experience with VR – at least one shipped project
- Proficiency with 3D maths
- Good knowledge of modern graphics pipeline
- Applicable knowledge of software development patterns
- Performance-minded development and optimisation skills
- Good intuition for game design and interaction
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Pride and responsibility in your work
- Modesty and respect when receiving and giving feedback
- Great team spirit, hard-working and reliable
- Experience developing and optimising for mobile devices
- Experience with console development
- Experience with Unreal engine
- Understanding of cloud services relating to game development
The information you provide us in this application is used for our recruitment process only. If you are unsuccessful in your application, your information may be stored for future job opportunities. If you do not want this to be the case, please let us know.