Tweet to Win Sweepstakes with American Idol
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
- The Tweet to Win Sweepstakes (the “Event”) is sponsored by Halfbrick Studios Pty Ltd (“Sponsor”), in cooperation with FremantleMedia North America, Inc. and affiliated American Idol Parties as defined below. Participation is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. You are responsible for checking applicable laws in your area before participating in the Event to make sure that your participation is legal. You are responsible for all taxes and reporting related to any prize that you receive as part of the Event.
- Eligibility: The Event is open to U.S. residents 18 years or older as of February 26, 2015. The following are not eligible: employees of Halfbrick Studios Pty Ltd, Halfbrick US LLC, Six Foot Kid Pty Ltd (collectively “Halfbrick Parties”), and FremantleMedia North America, Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 Recordings, Inc., 19 Entertainment Ltd., 19 Entertainment, Inc. , 19 Touring LLC., CORE Media Group Inc., and 19 TV Limited, Fox Broadcasting Company, Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., Fox Television Group, Fox Entertainment Group, Inc., Fox Networks Group, Inc., americanidol.com, (collectively “American Idol Parties”) and each of their parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee.
- Dates: The Event begins at 12:00:01 a.m. U.S. Pacific Time on Thursday, February 26, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. U.S. Pacific Time on Thursday, March 5, 2015 (the “Event Period”).
- To Enter:
- Follow @Halfbrick on Twitter;
- Tweet the following message:
Hey @Halfbrick, I want to win two tickets to an @AmericanIdol live taping in Los Angeles. Pick me! #BandStars
Multiple entries are not permitted. Only one entry per person. Twitter is not affiliated with the Event.
- Prize: One (1) set of two (2) tickets to a live taping of American Idol on Thursday, March 12, 2015. Flights to Los Angeles, California and hotel accommodations are NOT included with the Prize. Winner’s guest must be age 14 or older to use the prize ticket to attend the taping. Tickets are non-transferable and cannot be sold to or used by any person(s) other than the winner and the winner’s designated guest. Approximate Prize Retail Value: $0. Sponsor is not liable should the Prize become unavailable for any reason. Taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. If winner cannot or will not accept the Prize as stated, in Sponsor’s discretion, the winner may forfeit the Prize and the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.
- Winner Selection: A total of one (1) winner shall be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Event Period. Drawing will take place on approximately Friday, March 6, 2015. Winner shall be selected under the direction of Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Event.
- Winner Notification: Winner will be notified via a message sent to the Twitter account used to submit an entry to the Event and will be announced on the Halfbrick.com website.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants who enter the Event.
- Prize Limitations: Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive a prize. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prize is subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners, or parent or legal guardian of any winner who is a minor, may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within 5 days of receipt. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release as provided herein, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize, and the award of the Prize to an alternate winner.
- Use of Name; By entering the Event, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Sponsor’s time clock is the official clock for this Event. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to the use by the Sponsor, Halfbrick Parties, and American Idol Parties and their designees of his or her name, city and state of residence and photograph/likeness for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet) without additional compensation, notification or permission except where prohibited by law. Upon Sponsor’s reasonable request, winner must consent to such in writing, unless prohibited by law.
- Grant of Rights: You grant the Halfbrick Parties and the American Idol Parties and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, and their licensees, successors and assigns (the “Program Entities”) the non-exclusive, royalty-free, and irrevocable rights to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit any materials you submit and to incorporate any materials you submit in other works in any and all markets and media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional notification, permission, approval, or compensation. You warrant that you have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to the Program Entities and the Program Entities’ reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of any materials you submit will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for defamation, false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract.
- Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Event, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Halfbrick Parties, and American Idol Parties and each of their respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, and their advertising or promotional agencies, and its and their directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents (the ‘Released Parties’) from and against all injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or arising in connection with the participation in the Event or acceptance, possession, use or misuse, or nonuse of the Prize that may be awarded or performed in connection with the Prize. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Event, the processing of entries or in any Event-related material, the announcement of the Prize; or for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, or delayed entries; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, entries which fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported or transmitted late or incorrectly, or are lost for any reason including computer or telephone transfer or human or other error. As a condition of entering the Event, entrant agrees that a) under no circumstances will he or she be permitted to obtain awards for, and waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, indirect, or any other damages; b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Event or the prize awarded in connection hereto, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney fees. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures.
- Termination of Event: If in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Event, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise, corrupt, or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Event, the Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Event, or to terminate the Event and conduct a random drawing and award the Prize using all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination date.
- Winner List: To receive the name of the winner of the Event, send a written request to Sponsor within 90 days after the end of the Event Period at Halfbrick Studios, care of Nicholas Wells, Kirton McConkie, 60 E. South Temple, Suite 1800, Salt Lake City, Utah